Putrajaya, an “Intelligent Garden City” and the federal administrative capital of Malaysia is a showcase city under construction some 30 km south of the capital Kuala Lumpur. Putrajaya’s main sights are the colossal showcase buildings put up in this future capital, all in the central Core District.
Note that a dress code applies to Perdana Putra, Seri Perdana and Putra Mosque, meaning no T-shirts, shorts, singlets, sandals, or “indecent” wear for ladies. The mosque lends out shocking pink robes for free, but the rest do not.
Attractions in Putrajaya
- Putra Mosque (Masjid Putra), Presint 1. Pretty in pink, this mosque has a capacity of 15,000 worshippers and its 116-meter minaret is the tallest in Southeast Asia. Free entry, open every day from 9 AM to 5 PM. Non-Muslims may not enter the mosque building itself during prayer hours
- Putrajaya International Convention Center, Presint 5, Dominantly located at the end of the Putrajaya Boulevard, this showcase squashed UFO of a building, designed to resemble a Malay belt buckle, was built for the Organization of Islamic Countries conference in 2003
- Putra Perdana, Presint 1. Pleasantly landscaped (and usually very quiet) hilltop park connecting the Shangri-La towards the Putra Perdana building, with some of the best views in town. At the center of the park is the Putrajaya Landmark (Mercu Tanda), which resembles a wizard’s hat rolled from tinfoil
- Millennium Monument, Presint 2. 68-meter pillar in the shape of a hibiscus flower, with a walkway around it documenting the history of Malaysia
- Putrajaya Boulevard, a 100-meter wide, 4-kilometers long boulevard flanked by government offices and the main stage for National Day parade
- The China-Malaysia Friendship Garden, a stroll in this serene lake-side garden will bring one to appreciate the unique flowers and plants, architecture, courtyard, pavilion and scenery, which all stand as a testimony to the long-lasting friendship between China and Malaysia (1.4km from venue)
- Putrajaya Challenge Park ,a 30 hectare park in Putrajaya’s Precinct 5 containing some of the best extreme park facilities in Asia. This well designed park was opened to the public in 2009 and has three main attractions :Indoor Rock Wall Climbing Complex, Skate Park and Thrill Park and Mountain Bike Trails
- Skyrides Festival Park, Sky-rides Festivals Park is Malaysia’s first and biggest tethered helium balloon theme park. Sky-rides Balloon allows you to enjoy a 360-degree walk around the gondola to watch the mesmerizing views of Putrajaya from 150 meters up in the sky
How to get to Putrajaya
For public transport the fastest choice is the KLIA transit connecting Kuala Lumpur’s Sentral train station to its airport, which stops halfway in between at Putrajaya. Trains run every 30 minutes, take 20 minutes and the list price is RM 14 one-way (as of Nov 2016). Using a credit card to book the ticket on the kiosk can get you a 10% discount (RM 12.6). Putrajaya tour return tickets are no longer available.
Note: The high-speed KLIA Express is not to be confused with KLIA Transit. KLIA Express, unlike KLIA Transit, goes from the KL Sentral train station to KLIA and vice versa non-stop, which means the train just goes past by the Putrajaya train station. Do not ride KLIA Express if you’re heading for Putrajaya.
By metered taxi
Available at level 1 and 3 of the Main Terminal Building, the metered taxis offers an alternative for travelers to get around. Passengers have to purchase RM 2 coupon prior to boarding these taxis.
Budget taxi fares
- RM3.00 for the first 1 KM or first 3 minutes
- RM0.10 for each consequent 115 meters or consequent 21 seconds
- 50% surcharge from 12a.m – 6 a.m
Executive taxi fares
- RM6.00 for first 1 KM or first 2 minutes
- RM0.20 for each consequent 150 metres or consequent 45 seconds
- 50% surcharge from 12a.m – 6a.m
Bus service is provided from 6:30AM until 10PM to and from Cyberjaya, Putrajaya, Serdang commuter station, Sinar Kota and Pasar Seni LRT station in Kuala Lumpur. The bus fare for one-way is around RM 3.50 and takes about 30 minutes-one hour, depends on the traffic flow. Usually, on non-working days the time the buses take to arrive at Putrajaya will be much faster, but the frequency of the buses will be accordingly reduced.
The new Express network by Rapid KL links KL Sentral to Putrajaya with only RM 5 for an unlimited daily pass.
All public buses from Kuala Lumpur to Putrajaya drop and pick up passengers from the bus terminal beside the train station (Putrajaya Sentral), which is at least 5 km from the core district. Shuttle buses to/from KL are provided by some hotels for guests.
- Step 1: Download the Grab app and tap the Uber/GrabCar (Economy) icon.
- Step 2: Choose your payment method (Cash/Credit/Debit).
- Step 3: Choose your Pick-up point KLIA/KLIA2. Choose for your Drop-off point.
- Step 4: Book your ride and away we go.
ABOUT CONFERENCE VENUE
Situated in Putrajaya, Dorsett Putrajaya is the perfect place to experience Kuala Lumpur and its surroundings. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city’s must-see destinations.
Please contact Usaha Jana Sdn Bhd for special rates at Dorsett, Putrajaya
*Special rates are only available to participants who make payment before 10th April
**If participants wish to stay outside from Dorsett, Putrajaya, kindly manage your own
stay and transportation to the conference venue
Distance and Essentials
- Nearby Airports
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (19.30 km)
Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (21.31 km)
- Bus and Rail stations
ERL Railway Station – Putrajaya (2.44 km)
Putrajaya Central Bus Station (2.54 km)
- Hospitals and Clinics
Hospital Putrajaya (2.00 km)
- Drug Stores
Caring Pharmacy (4.11 km)
**For more info and please click here
More hotels around conference location
- Putrajaya Shangri-La-Malaysia – 4.6 km to venue
- Cyberview Resort & Spa – 9.4 km to venue
- Hotel Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside – 4.4 km to venue
- Tan’Yaa Hotel by Ri-Yaz – 7.9 km to venue
- The Everly Putrajaya – 5 km to venue
- D’ Boutique Hotel (Budget Hotel) – 11.4 km to venue
- Dash Box Hotel, Putrajaya – 8.6 km to venue